At Furnace Repair Winnipeg, we are experts in septic tank repair and maintenance. We have been servicing septic tanks in Winnipeg for over a decade and have the experience and knowledge to get the job done right. We provide various septic tank services, including septic tank cleaning, septic tank pumping, septic tank repairs, etc.
What Is A Septic Tank and How Does It Work?
Septic tanks purify sewage from a home’s plumbing using tried-and-true technology and natural processes. A septic tank is the best option for houses with poor drainage or is not connected to the central sewage system. They’re most often seen in rural settings, where a single buried tank collects wastewater and excreta.
The septic tank works by allowing sewage to decompose while storing the solids in the tank naturally. Heavy solids settle to the bottom as wastewater enters the septic tank, while oils and other light materials float to the top. Bacteria in the tank then break down these materials.
The effluent (liquid waste) from the septic tank flows into a leach field called a drain field or soil absorption field, where soil bacteria naturally purify it.
What Are The Common Issues of Septic Tanks?
- Water is overflowing around your septic tank or leach field.
- The plumbing system produces a gurgling sound.
- Water or foul odours emanate from the soil absorption field (leach field).
- Slow flushing or clogged toilets signify that something is wrong with your plumbing.
- Even during the warmest months of the year, the septic tank is surrounded by lush green grass.
Advantages of Septic System Maintenance
If you hire Furnace Repair Winnipeg to maintain your septic tank, you will enjoy several benefits, including:
Prevention of costly repairs
It is possible to prevent significant and costly repairs by routine maintenance on your septic tank. By having your septic tank pumped and cleaned regularly, you can avoid significant problems.
A well-maintained septic tank will perform better than one that is not maintained. It means that your septic tank will process the waste more effectively and efficiently.
Avoidance of environmental damage
If your septic tank is not adequately maintained, it could leak sewage into the ground, which can cause environmental damage. By having your septic tank cleaned and pumped regularly, you can avoid this from happening.
Reduced risk of system failure
If your septic tank is not properly maintained, it is more likely to fail. It could lead to a backup of sewage into your home or business, which can be costly and messy.
How Often Should You Pump Your Septic Tank?
Give the system a chance to recuperate after pumping. It’s preferable if the pumping occurs the day before you and your family go on vacation for the summer. During the rest time, the soil absorption area dries up. Pumped soil absorption zones may include the organic waste that has partly decomposed due to the lack of water flowing into them.
When a septic tank is drained of waste, we call it “septage.” The cost of septic tank pumping is affected by various variables. It includes the location of the tank, its condition, and the size of the tank.
If you are unsure of how often you should have your septic tank pumped, contact Furnace Repair Winnipeg today. We will be happy to come out and inspect your septic tank and recommend how often it should be pumped.
How to Maintain Your Septic Tank?
- Pump your septic tank every two years.
- Dispose of household chemicals properly. Do not pour them down the drain.
- Use water efficiently. Do not flush items that should not be flushed, such as cigarettes or diapers.
- Nobody should use septic tanks and leach fields as parking lots.
- Human feces and toilet paper are the only items to be flushed down the toilet.
- Reduce the volume of wastewater that enters the septic tank by being more efficient with water use.
- You should fix any plumbing leaks as soon as you see them.
- Regularly check the condition of your septic tank.
Repair & Maintenance Service for Septic Tanks in Winnipeg
Our septic tank repair specialists are on call 24/7 to assist you with your septic tank repair and maintenance requirements. We have the knowledge and experience to repair and maintain your septic tank properly.
We offer a wide range of septic tank services, including:
- Pump Out Service
- Cleaning & Repair Service
- Inspection Service
- Emergency Service
Hire Expert Plumbers From Furnace Repair Winnipeg
Our expert plumbers are on call 24/7 to assist you with all of your septic tank repair and maintenance needs. We also offer a wide range of HVAC services like air conditioner installation and repair, furnace installation and repair, etc.
Don’t wait until your septic tank fails to repair or service it. Contact Furnace Repair Winnipeg today for your septic tank repair and maintenance needs.