If you’re dealing with a clogged drain, the first step is to clear it yourself. You can do this by using a plunger or a plumber’s snake. If these methods don’t work or the clog is severe, it’s time to call a professional.
Furnace Repair Winnipeg provides drain cleaning services to help clear clogged drains and prevent future problems. We have the tools and experience to quickly and effectively clear any clog, no matter how severe.
Common Signs of a Clogged Drain
- Slow draining: This is usually the first sign of a clog. If water is taking longer than usual to drain from your sink, shower, or tub, there’s likely a blockage somewhere in the drain.
- Standing water: If water is standing in your sink, tub, or shower, this is a sure sign of a clog.
- Bad smells: A foul odour coming from your drains is another common sign of a clog. It is usually caused by food or other organic matter trapped in the drain.
- Water in the sink, tub, or shower does not drain rapidly: If water is taking longer than usual to drain from your sink, shower or tub, it may be a sign that something is blocking water flow.
- Water backs up when using another plumbing fixture: When you flush the toilet and water backs up into the tub or shower, this is an indication that your main sewer line may be backed up.
Why Do You Have Blocked Drains?
There are many reasons why you may have a clogged drain. Some of the most common include:
Hair is one of the most common causes of clogged drains. When hair sheds, it can fall into the drain and become trapped. Over time, more hair can become tangled with the first strand, forming a clog.
Soap scum can build up on the walls of your pipes, eventually leading to a clog. It is especially common in showers and tubs where soap is used regularly.
Grease and Fat
Grease and fat from cooking can solidify your drains, causing a clog. Coffee grounds, eggshells, and meat scraps can also create a grease build-up.
Children or pets may drop small toys or other objects down the drain, which can become lodged in the pipes and cause a clog.
Drain Cleaning Service in Winnipeg
Our plumbing professionals will address issues with drains such as:
- Slow Draining
- Clogged Drains
- Backed-Up Drains
- Sewer Cleaning
- Drain Cleaning
- Drain Inspection
- Tree Root Removal
- Pipe Repair
Protect Your Plumbing with Routine Drain Cleaning
How to Avoid Clogged Drains
Use strainers in your sinks: This will catch any hair or other debris before going down the drain.
Don’t pour grease or fat down the drain: Allow grease and fat to cool and solidify before disposing them in the garbage.
Avoid flushing foreign objects: Keep small toys and other things out of reach of children and pets to prevent them from being flushed down the toilet.
Schedule routine drain cleaning: Having your drains cleaned regularly will remove debris and help prevent clogs.
Avoid Off-the-Shelf Chemical Drain Cleaners
Why Trust Furnace Repair Winnipeg for Your Drain Cleaning?
Clogs in the bathroom sink, kitchen drain blockages, and other plumbing and heating issues match our expertise. As a result, we believe that you deserve high-quality services that match your needs.
For more information about our drain cleaning services or to schedule a consultation, contact us today!