Do you need air conditioner repair in Winnipeg? If your AC system starts malfunctioning, it can be an absolute nightmare, especially during a hot summer day. Our team at Furnace Repair Winnipeg is available 24/7 to provide you with emergency air conditioner repairs. We offer all central and ductless air conditioning services such as installation, repairs, and maintenance.
We understand that you need someone who can come to your rescue right away when your AC breaks down. Whether your AC is not working at all or it’s not cooling your home correctly, our team of skilled and experienced technicians will be able to diagnose and fix the problem quickly and efficiently.
Easy Troubleshooting Tips
However, you may try these simple DIY fixes before calling us.
- Dirty filters: Clean or replace your air conditioner’s filter every month. A dirty filter will restrict the airflow and cause your AC to overwork, leading to a breakdown.
- Check the thermostat: Make sure the thermostat is set to “cool” and lower the temperature than the current room temperature. If the thermostat is not working correctly, it can cause your AC to malfunction.
- Clean the coils: The coils on your air conditioner can get dirty over time, which can restrict the airflow and cause the AC to overwork. Clean the coils with a brush or vacuum at least once a year.
- Check for leaks: Leaks in the ductwork can cause your AC to lose cool air, leading to a breakdown. Check the ductwork for any leaks and have them sealed by a professional.
Common Air Conditioning Problems That Need Repair
Furnace Repair Winnipeg offers a team of skilled air conditioning experts that can fix any issue you may have with your air conditioner. The following are some of the most typical air conditioning issues we fix:
Malfunctioning air conditioner
If your AC system is completely down, it could be due to various reasons, such as a power outage, a blown fuse, or a tripped circuit breaker. If your AC is not working at all, our team of experts will be able to diagnose and fix the problem quickly.
Not enough cool air
If the air conditioner is not blowing out enough cool air, it could be due to a clogged filter, dirty coils, or low refrigerant levels. Our team of experts will be able to clean the filter and coils and check the refrigerant levels to get your AC blowing cool air again.
If your AC is making strange noises such as banging, grinding, or squealing, it could be due to a loose part or a buildup of dirt and debris. We will diagnose and fix the problem quickly.
If your AC is leaking water, it could be due to a clogged drain line or a problem with the evaporator coils. Our team of experts will be able to unclog the drain line and check the coils to get your AC back up and running.
If the AC turns on and off frequently, it could be due to a dirty filter, thermostat problems, or low refrigerant levels. Our team will be able to clean the filter and check the thermostat and refrigerant levels to get your AC cycling properly again.
Electric control failure
If the AC is not responding to the thermostat, it could be due to an electric control failure. Our team of experts will be able to diagnose and fix the problem quickly.
When is A Malfunctioning Air Conditioner an Emergency?
No homeowner likes to deal with a malfunctioning air conditioner. However, not all air conditioning issues are life-threatening. It’s time to contact an AC specialist if you have any of the problems below.
- The situation is an emergency if the temperature inside your home surpasses 95°F owing to a broken air conditioner. When the temperature rises beyond 95 degrees Fahrenheit, it may lead to various health problems, including heat stroke and heat stress.
- Another emergency is when your air conditioner starts making odd noises such as hissing, banging, or grinding. These noises may indicate a refrigerant leak, which can be dangerous.
- If you see water pooling around your air conditioner, it’s time to call an AC specialist. Water pooling usually indicates a refrigerant leak, which can be dangerous.
What Are Non-Emergency Repairs?
- The thermostat is not working appropriately.
- The air conditioner is not blowing out enough cool air.
- If you experience a power loss, your unit will not come back after the power is restored. While this is an inconvenient situation, it is not necessarily an emergency.
- If your air conditioner is leaking water, it might indicate a more severe problem. However, this issue does not always need urgent treatment, and you may be able to postpone it until the following day.
- You are using the incorrect filter for your system.
Trust Furnace Repair Winnipeg For Your AC Repair Needs
We ensure the most incredible level of professionalism and high-quality service. That’s why we have insured and qualified expert technicians. They have the experience and expertise to handle any AC repair.
You can rely on us for all your air conditioning repair needs in Winnipeg. Call us today to schedule a repair or maintenance service.